Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Around My Neck

I have a wonderful sister.  Her name is Whitney - she's the one who threw me the amazing Highballs & Hydrangeas 30th birthday party.  She came to visit us in the BVI for her Spring Break.  She knows how much I've been missing shopping, so she brought me a few things, including this necklace:

I love it!!!  I almost fell on the floor when she told me where it was from!  TARGET!  I just couldn't believe it.  I wore it the very next night and received numerous compliments on it.  This is how the first conversation went:

Friend:  "Oh, I just love that necklace. It is stunning!"
SDP:  "Thanks!  My sister gave it to me and you'll never believe where she got it???  Target!"
Friend:  "No way! I thought you got it on St. Thomas.  If I were you, I wouldn't give that little secret away - you can say it's a gift, but don't offer up where it's from...keep 'em guessing." 

She makes a good point.  I've even blogged about how I usually dodge the question "Where did you get that?"  So, why did I offer it up so freely?  I guess I was just overcome with excitement and proud of Whitney's find.  My friend set me straight and for the rest of the night, I stopped after the "sister gave it to me" part. 

I am loving this pendant, also in the Vintage Sea Life line at Target. 

 
And for full disclosure, a friend of mine just bought it for me today and will be sending it with another friend who's coming down here in three weeks.  {I know, I'm obsessed!}

You can't get too much of a good thing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment