Monday, June 7, 2010

Morocco???

Did you know that's where Sex & The City 2 was filmed? 


I thought for sure - with Abu Dhabi being the fifth character - the movie would actually be shot there!  I first read of the location in US Weekly (May 31st version) and after further research, it totally makes sense.  Even Dubai turned down SATC2's requests to film there, according to reports.

Regardless of where it was filmed, I really enjoyed the movie.  The first SATC movie was going to be hard to top, but I thought the storyline held up.  I loved that Miranda's character was put in a position to help Charlotte through her tough times and watching all that was the Samantha menopause meltdown was hilarious! 

A few fashion trends that I will be taking from the movie...

Maxi dresses and more maxi dresses!  I was worried this trend was only going to last a summer or two, but I think this movie will keep it around a bit longer.

Chunky necklaces and sparkly bangles.  Love them!  

A few trends that I will not be following...

The pants - all of them, especially the harem pants.  I've worn them once in my life and that was back in 1993 when I played Jasmine in my school's production of the musical, Aladdin.

Charlotte's suits/dresses that are straight out of Bette Midler's costume closet from Big Business.


I absolutely appreciated her outfits when I saw them on the big screen - I just knew it wasn't anything that I would be running out to get myself!

What scene made you laugh out loud?  or squeal with delight?  Carrie's closet?  The four machbachs?

For me, it was the flashback scene and the Lilly Pulitzer sighting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment