Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Austin Bound

So, I'm off to the Lonestar state tomorrow for my dear friend's bachelorette party. I'm the MOH {matron of honor} so I've planned this little shindig, even though I've never actually been to Austin. Facebook has been a great resource for recommendations, by the way. People I haven't seen or heard from in years were weighing in!

Our itinerary includes a stop at Ranch 616 for dinner and live music on Thursday night. We're "floating the river" on Friday. Coincidentally, there was a great write-up on this Texas tradition in this month's Southern Living. The bride has requested a stop at the Hula Hut on Friday night before hitting the honky tonks of 4th and 6th avenues.

We're having a honeymoon shower on Saturday. I elected for brunch at Old Pecan Street Cafe, which I hear is really great, especially for special occasions like this. I'm so excited about my gift for the bride. I have personalized a beach bag with her new monogram and included two beach towels {stiched with "Mr." on one and "Mrs." on the other.} Take a look!

I've also sewn a matching draw string pouch to go inside of the beach bag which will hold items that she'd rather not get in the sand. (I took these photos with my phone, so they're not the highest quality...)I'm really pleased with how this all turned out! It was somewhat of a last minute idea, but well executed if I do say so myself!

I'm probably most excited about the CDs I've made as party favors...I've included 17 songs about Texas and thanks to Scrapblog, I was able to design the artwork.

I'll have to post the song list later.


No comments:

Post a Comment