Tuesday, June 30, 2009

You son of a biscuit hole!

That's right. I'm adding this little ditty to my vocabulary. This, after seeing the oh-so-hilarious Hardee's commercial for their new biscuit holes.

Have you seen it? Coke almost came spewing out of my mouth when I first saw the spot. Apparently, the fast food chain is tapping into my inner middle schooler.

The commercial starts of with a string of soundbites from different people on the street...your average grandma or blue-collar man on the steps of Mall of America have just tried these new sweet treats from Hardees and have been asked to come up with a name for them.

"Iced holes"
"B-holes"
"Bisticles"
"Joy balls"
"Frosty nuts
"Bis-nuts"
"Mouth full of balls" {my personal favorite}
"Creamy balls"
"Happy holes"
VOICEOVER: Introducing Hardees biscuit holes. What would you call them?"

By the end of the commercial I was laughing so hard, tears had started to form. I found myself thinking about this spot during the work day today, and I just had to look it up on Google. I found the website the company has created for the product launch. NameOurHoles.com Hilarious!

It reminds me of the Saturday Night Live skit from years ago, when Alec Baldwin's character, Mr. Schweddy was a guest on NPR's Delicious Dish peddling what else? Other than his Schweddy balls.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment