Sunday, February 21, 2010

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!

Back to blogging on Sweet Dreams Preppy, that is!  We're still living in the British Virgin Islands, and loving it.  In fact, I started a blog when we moved here so our family and friends could join us on our adventure.  But as with any blog, it can be enjoyed by anyone out there, and we've already experienced some of that.

It's OurBVIAdventure.blogspot.com if you're interested.  So, this two-blog thing means that no longer am I anonymous here on SDP.  I feel as though an re-introduction is now necessary, don't you?  {Here's our moving announcement!}


Hello! My name is Amelia and I am the sweet dreaming preppy of SDP.  I will still refer to my husband, Michael as Mr. SDP for consistency's sake.

While OurBVIAdventure is all about life in the islands, SDP will continue to focus on what's in my shopping cart, latest sewing projects, and musings from our new life here not quite fit for the "other" audience.

So, why the comeback?  (As if I'm Brett Favre...)  As you know it was Fashion Week last week and it just made me realize how much I miss the American shopping experience....how you watch what comes down the runway and then a few short months later, those trends pop up in the stores...stores, I might add that are not on the beautiful island of Tortola.   

Living on an island doesn't mean that I'm completely unplugged, but not being able to SEE it, TOUCH it, FEEL it makes a difference.  Bottom line: I'm having withdrawls.  Not just from shopping but other things, so I'm reconnecting with SDP in an attempt to fill this void.

A heartfelt "thank you" to the many bloggers out there who share what inspires you on a daily basis...your words and photos mean more to me now than ever before!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are back! I will follow the other blog as well because I'm looking for a good vacation spot for July. Looks like you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am playing catch up around your blogs. I'm glad everything is coming together and Milly finally made it. I look forward to reading about your adventures. Have a golden day! xo

    ReplyDelete