Tuesday, December 15, 2009

We're home!!!

It's been about 24 hours since we landed in the British Virgin Islands .  So far, I'm liking our new home .


My husband is working for a company headquartered here and they helped him find a villa a few weeks ago.  It has the most amazing view of the Sir Francis Drake Channel.  I'll have to snap a few photos.  The wrap around screened in porch allows for the trade winds to sweep through the house, so much so that paperweights are a must!

Our 1,300 lbs of belongings are still in customs.  I can't wait to get my hands on some of the items I brought to adorn the walls around here.  This place most definitely needs a woman's touch.  There will be three women here before too long.



My mom and sister are coming on Sunday, along with my dad.  A Caribbean Christmas it will be!

My sister is actually bringing our miniature schnauzer Milly with her.  We couldn't bring her on Monday, because her paperwork wasn't finalized.  I can't wait to have her here and see her reaction to the new landscape.

During our first day here, we did a few very important things, including opening a bank account, buying a car, and for me - getting a pedicure!  That's right, this Tennessee girl didn't have time to get one before she left!

I wanted to wear my Stephen Bonnanos today, and needed a matching nail polish.  I went with OPI's "I only drink Champagne."  Love that!


My lady at the spa was nice - her name was Breezy.  That's right.  Breezy.  I quickly got past that and was able to ask her a lot of questions about who I should get to cut my hair, where to grocery shop, etc...All in all, it was a lovely way to spend my time while Mr. SDP was at the bank.

Let the BVI adventure begin!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Glad that you arrived safely. I cannot wait to read more about your island adventure. This is going to be one amazing experience for both of you!

    will you be working while you are there??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am staying on with my PR firm back in Tennessee - thank goodness for wireless internet! Working remotely may present its challenges, but we'll see.

    Today's island adventure includes attending my first Tortola Ladies Club luncheon. Apparently, they have speakers once a month for this event. A post about this event will be in order!!

    ReplyDelete