Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Making the most of it!

One of my monthly reads is InStyle. I find their online presence leaves much to be desired, but the magazine, itself, I like. Since I can't hyperlink you to the magazine as it sits on my coffee table at home, this will have to do. I'm a big believer in making the most of what you've got and thoroughly enjoyed InStyle's top ten list on the subject. {Mrs. O provides the context.} Some highlights are:

#6 Shop your closet

That means mix and match pieces to create new looks.


#2 Choose signature pieces

I love this one. Each season I try and find a few things that reappear week after week, whether it be a big ring, sleek belt, sophisticated scarf. There are some good ones still in my accessories drawer that haven't been given the "signature" designation yet...like the Burberry silk scarf that Mr. SDP gave me for our first Christmas together.


And #1 Play up your assets!

This is a tough one for me...there are so many looks that I just adore that I simply cannot pull off. No complaints; still trying to make the most of what I've got...it's just that sometimes I think I've got too much! Ha!

Enjoy making the most of your look!

No comments:

Post a Comment