Friday, May 1, 2009

Tramp Stamp Barbie

Really??? A tatted up Barbie doll??? What is the world coming to Mattel??? I have such fond memories of playing with Barbie as a little girl. My sister, her best friend Erin, and I would line all of our barbies in a perfect row; we would then take turn choosing our dolls. Once we had our personal collections, we would have them act out these "real-life" scenarios...

My barbie would always work at an advertising agency. My sister's Ken doll would undoubtedly be an architect. Ken would come over after work and bring take-out Chinese food for them to eat while sitting on pillows on the floor. (I don't think I had even tried Chinese food when I was 5 years old, but it seemed like such a grown-up thing to do!!!) Oh and inevitably, someone's barbie would be named "Samantha". The fun would last for hours on end.

I guess you could say TV shows like Moonlighting and Who's The Boss? influenced us more than my mom knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment