Friday, April 9, 2010

Preppy Handbook Revisited!

Have you heard?  Your copy of "The Official Preppy Handbook" will soon have some company on your bookshelf.  Come September, "True Prep" co-authored by the one-and-only Lisa Birnbach and her new pal, Chip Kidd will be available for prep consumption, along with our Triscuits. 


According to Motoko Rich, the NYTimes reporter who authored the article, "True Prep" will 'reignite preppy fervor.'  I'm not sure it's possible to reignite something that still burns, is it?   

{photo credit: Fred R. Conrad, NYTimes}

On a personal note, The Official Preppy Handbook was the first gift I ever gave Mr. SDP.  We had been dating just a few short weeks when he sent me the text "Sweet Dreams Preppy."  I remember the feeling of delight when I found one single used copy in McKay's.  It was the perfect book for us to read and re-read together that summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment