Monday, November 16, 2009

BVI Guest Bedroom, perhaps?

After having the first ever SDP Liquidation Sale {a.k.a. garage sale}, I decided to make the best of the items that didn't sell on Saturday.  With a few cans of paint in "real orange", "seaside" blue, and "muslin" white, I transformed these items destined for Good Will into cool trendy pieces. What do you think?



I already had a duvet cover in the orange and white fabric from Pottery Barn.  I actually used the shams that came with it to make 4 large pillows like the one you see in the photograph.  A few months ago, I bought a quilt and matching shams in the blue ikat fabric for a steal at HomeGoods.  Oh, and the blue pillow on the right is made from a set of napkins my mom gave me a few summers ago.  Onto the painted items...
These little orange mirrors were previously greyish in color.  Very drab!  With one can of "real orange" high gloss paint, they are transformed!


Can you believe I had three others just like them that I let Mr. SDP take to Good Will?  I had no idea they would turn out so adorable!  Maybe I need to run over there on my lunch break on buy them back...The oval mirror had a nickel finish in its former life.  I just love the Tiffany blue color.
  


As for the empty picture frame...I have big plans for it.  I want to get some chicken wire or a old radiator grill to attach to the back, so I can use it for displaying jewelry.  Can't you see some large chunky coral necklaces and earrings hanging from it?



I have three of those large blue and white vases.  The tray used to be stained with a mahogony finish.  I much prefer it in the "muslin" white, don't you? 

Now if only we knew where we were going to be living on Tortola...for certain, there will be a guest bedroom!

2 comments:

  1. I have sheets in that orange and white pattern that is on your pillow!

    ReplyDelete