Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Seriously Isaac?

I know I've posted about how happy I was to see Isaac Mizrahi designing for the masses again, with his new gig at Liz Claiborne, but Isaac, we need to talk.  Is this really what you think women need to be wearing this holiday season or ever for that matter?  This size 0 model looks like she's about to give birth to a forest of Christmas trees. 


I get it - you sketched it. Some suits in a boardroom probably thought it would sell, blah blah blah. 

Seriously?  I thought you were going to offer up affordable runway fashion for the every day woman not this crap!  I realize this may sound harsh, but I'm disappointed.  After that beautiful summer line, I was just hoping for more...

Even the "make the season bright" campaign features oatmeal sweaters.  Apparently, the design department wasn't talking to the marketing department.  

1 comment: