Sunday, November 15, 2009

Southern Living, while I still can...

With the countdown to the move to the BVI right at 4 weeks, I am getting nostalgic about Christmas and our family traditions here in the South.  In addition to the holiday meal and trimming of the tree, I always pick a color scheme for my wrapping and all gifts are adorned in the same papers, bows, tags etc...  For several years the Martha Stewart Wrapping Paper was my first choice.  I haven't really been pleased with her selection these last two years, but I digress.

This year, we will be having a Caribbean Christmas, and I think I just found the perfect wrapping inspiration in Southern Living.  I just received my December issue this weekend and on page 215 there they were!  Zig zag tags in all their glory!  {And we know how obsessed I am with anything and everything chevron! }



Aren't they just adorable?!?  They can be yours for $6.00 over at Linda and Harriet.  {There are three in a pack.}  I am going to make my Christmas list and order accordingly.  Rather than the crimson ribbon, I'm thinking of doing a pink one.  I haven't really done the whole pink and green Christmas before...it can get a little Dr. Suess-like.

I have to say this Southern Living issue is full of surprises.  There is a lovely little spread on pages 20 - 25 of 24 Christmas gifts made by southern hands.

I'm thinking a Christmas music channel on Pandora is a must at work tomorrow... 

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE those tags - & your pink ribbon swap out! Enjoy all your upcoming planning & projects, I can't wait to hear all about your first caribbean Christmas!

    ReplyDelete