Thursday, July 23, 2009

I need a pedicure...

...like Michael Jackson needs a final resting place. My feet are still sore from the wedding festivities that took place last weekend. Everything went very well; the weather was gorgeous! My bridesmaid dress was altered to perfection, but the shoes! Actually, I can't blame the shoes...
They're very well-made Ralph Lauren 3'' heels - it was just all of that standing and kneeling, standing and kneeling that I had to do during the Catholic ceremony. The floor was a beautiful marble, but not all that forgiving, if you know what I mean.

I did keep my high heels on through my toast at the wedding reception, before quietly slipping on my much lower sandals. Several other bridesmaids did the same thing, so I didn't feel so guilty.

All in all, the wedding was a stunning event! And yes, I had to give a toast at the reception as the matron of honor. That was a first for me. I've always given toasts at the rehearsal dinner. In fact, I'm somewhat known for them. I still gave a toast at the rehearsal, but it was more personal. At the reception, I kept it short and succinct, recited a little George Eliot, but it was heartfelt. If you have to do a toast, I highly recommend this book...

1 comment: