Wednesday, July 8, 2009

MOB Meltdown

One week from tomorrow, the wedding festivities for my dear friend Caty will begin!

As the MOH, I'm finishing up last little details. Oh, you know - putting photos together to display at the rehearsal dinner, preparing the itineraries for the bridesmaids, and booking the organist and cantor. That's right. Our dear Caty didn't have an organist or cantor booked to play her traditional Catholic wedding mass.

When the MOB found out about this on Monday, she had a meltdown. MOH to the rescue! There was enough finger-pointing going on; I just had to step in. Caty had booked (and by booked I mean: asked her wedding planner to do it) a string quartet and she thought that was sufficient. She's not the one who works for the Catholic church. That's the MOB, hence the meltdown. In her defense, she lives several states away so she's not in the loop 100%.

It's all good. I was able to get the musical director at the church in touch with the MOB and they worked it out. PHEW! Crisis averted.

By the way, if she makes me wear a shirt like the one in the photo above, I'll have a meltdown!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment