Friday, July 31, 2009

What to wear?

Mr. SDP and I have been invited to a pre-wedding celebration for some friends who are getting married tomorrow. {The wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner were held last night...since we're not in the wedding and we're in-town guests, we were not involved.}
Tonight's celebration - I'm guessing - will include all wedding guests. I love this idea, don't you? I think the bride and groom will enjoy being with their guests two nights in a row.

Anyway, the invitation looks like this:
The theme is a "bluegrass supper" and I expect there will be bluegrass music and southern cuisine. So, what to wear???

Here are a few options from my closet...

I wore this dress to my best friend's bridesmaid luncheon - it has a very Tory Burch feel to it with the color scheme and pattern. I don't think it's the most figure flattering dress I've ever worn, but I received a lot of compliments on it.

Secondly, there's this Fumblin' Foe dress...it doesn't really scream southern, bluegrass, or anything like that, but it's really cute. I've only worn it once and it was to the Caty's rehearsal dinner a few weeks ago. {I wear it sans belt!}I'm probably most leaning towards this dress, from Liz Claiborne, that I wore to the Summer Soiree earlier in the month. I think it is the most stunning and with August upon us, there probably aren't many more opportunities to wear it. One important thing to note about all of these options is the fact that tonight's crowd is totally different from any of the crowds where I've worn the other dresses. (Women know how important this is!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment