Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ben Silver: Style Guide

Thanks to the Blushing Hostess and her recent post about Ben Silver, the men's clothier in Charleston, SC!
While I have been a fan of Ben Silver for many years, she introduced me to one Mr. G. Bruce Boyer, a published author and fashion writer for The New York Times and Esquire. He is writing a style guide for BenSilver.com.

I enjoy reading his take on the Scottish knits used to make Ben Silver's sweaters and the 'regal dyestuff' used to color their beautiful gum silk ties.

I love knowing the story behind the clothes...even though I'm not wearing the tie, Mr. SDP is and he too takes pleasure in the fact that there's more there. A history. Tradition. So, thank you Blushing Hostess for the lovely introduction.

Happy shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, yes, Ben Silver. Timeless, classic, so Southern. I find their items so appealing. A few years ago they were carrying women's and children's clothing. I hope that is still in production. A Southern Brooks Brother's I think.

    ReplyDelete