Monday, August 3, 2009

An open letter to Kristin Davis

Dear Ms. Davis,

You are a great actress. Your character, Charlotte, in Sex & The City is my favorite of all the girls. I also look forward to seeing your new romantic comedy, Couples Retreat, which will be in theatres October 9th.

But dear, sweet Kristin, we must talk about your line of shoes. Believe me, I was thrilled to see your clothing line in stores last Fall. I have several pieces. It's just the shoes that cause me so much pain...literally.

Don't get me wrong. They're pretty shoes; just something in the way they're made causes my feet to hate me.

Take for example these platform gladiators by Kristin Davis:
I purchased these lovelies on Saturday to wear to a wedding that night. While they made the outfit and were the beneficiary of numerous compliments, my poor feet! I had to hobble to the car by night's end, only to ice them down when I got home!

No amount of alcohol could numb the pain...believe me I tried, between the cosmos and the half dozen champagne cocktails consumed through out the night! Whew!

Maybe I should have opted for these Christian Louboutin's? With the $1,145 price tag, I think I might have to pass and pay my mortgate instead. You understand.

So, Ms. Davis, thank you for your attempt at bringing affordable fashions, similar to those found in your closet and on the set of Sex & The City, but politely I must say, "No thank you."

It leaves me wondering (in my best Carrie Bradshaw-inspired ponder) "Is it better to go without Christian Louboutins than be tortured by the affordable knock-off?"
Sincerely,
Mrs. SDP

No comments:

Post a Comment