Thursday, August 13, 2009

Game Night Takes to the Friendly Skies

I bet you've never had a game night that required carry-on luggage. I can say for certain, that I never have. Until now, that is...

Here's how our game night usually works:

Our group meets on the first or second Friday of the month in one of our homes...we have drinks, heavy hor d'oerves, and usually play Taboo or something similar and then drink some more. There are five couples total, but usually the same four couples show month after month.

Well, there is a commercial pilot in the group and a few months ago mentioned that he'd like to move August game night to another city, courtesy of Airline X (and his buddy passes.) We didn't think we would actually see this game night come to fruition, so imagine my surprise when last week, we receive an email concerning game night, the NOLA-edition.

That's right, we are leaving in less than 24 hours. Destination: New Orleans, Louisiana! I seriously doubt there will be any games played on the trip...just some debauchery, with a splash of milk punch! I love New Orleans and haven't been there yet this year.
So, what to pack? I just looked up the weather and it's going to be hot, but not unbearable. While the high is 92 degrees today, it's only 90 tomorrow, and 86 degrees on Saturday, with scattered thunderstorms possible. Not bad for the middle of hurricane season!

I wish my Stephen Bonanno's would arrive today, so I could break them in on the streets of the French Quarter.

As for where we are staying...we are waiting to book until it's confirmed that all of us can get on the flight! But, we have several options. My vote is for the International House. It is a luxury boutique hotel, located just two blocks from the French Quarter. {Here's a photo of their bar, Loa...I hear the cocktails here are yummy!}

I can already taste the beignets! Laissez les bons temps roulez!

3 comments:

  1. Game night sounds so much fun!!! Hope you have a great (and safe) trip...hope to see some pictures!! = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you trying to make me jealous???

    ReplyDelete