Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Knock Knock. Who's there?

A brilliant novelty gift company! That's who!

Its name is Knock Knock; isn't that cute and memorable? If you're not familiar with the company, maybe you've seen one of their witty products, like these funny folders for the office: Or the bingo cards to use when flying:
These and other novelty gift items can be found in boutiques all over the country. I recently purchased this book for a friend at a local boutique, to accompany a gift card from the same store. She loved it! {At a reasonable $7.95, I loved it too!!!}There's a whole series of these little books...
Cliches and Platitudes, Pep Talks and Picker-Uppers, Insults and Comebacks, and Pickups and Come-Ons! Too funny!

One of my favorite insults comes from the chapter titled "Looks, when it's only skin deep".

"Guess what - I've nominated you for Extreme Makeover and What Not To Wear and they're fighting over you!"

Maybe I could hurl it at one certain person in my office...

4 comments:

  1. I love that you got your blog name from your husband! How precious! I am excited to be following! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds adorable! Love obnoxious books like that. xoxo

    SC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! Here is the recipe. You can use any beer, I mistakenly used a bitter ale and thus the bread tasted bitter so I like to use a beer I love, the originally recipe I got from a fellow blogger used Miller Lite. Hope you enjoy. Now I am off to check your blog out.

    Beer Bread
    Ingredients:

    Beer (1 bottle,pyramid apricot - you can use any!)
    Brown Sugar (1 tablespoon)
    White Sugar (4 tablespoons)
    Baking Powder (1.5 tablespoons)
    Salt (1.5 teaspoons)
    Flour (3 cups)
    Butter (1.5 tablespoons, melted)

    Mix all the dry ingredients (brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder, salt, flour) in a large mixing bowl. Add beer. Mix (you can eventually use your hands) it all together. Get a 9x5 bread pan (greased) and pour the mixture in. Let sit for 15-20 minutes to rise. Before you put it in the oven, pour melted butter on the top. Leave it in the oven (350 F) for 50-55 minutes until the top is crusty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute are those?!? I love novelty gifts like that...they are always a hit! Hope your having a great weekend! I didn't realize you were a TN girl too! Which part are you in? You can see my hometown on my Wednesday's post. Hope your having a great day! = )

    ReplyDelete