Sunday, April 5, 2009

A blog by any other name...

Naming this blog was far more difficult than I expected.  Actually, I'm not sure I even had expectations about the process.  What is certain, however, is this: naming something that doesn't exist yet is a challenge.  I will forgo "naming names" that didn't make the cut, and just focus on the winner.

So where did "Sweet Dreams Preppy" come from?  It was the first text message I ever received.  That's right.  It was June 2004...I had just met my future husband.  Sixteen months my junior, he's what you call an "early adopter" when it comes to technology.  The texting communique was new to me, so you can imagine my surprise when my phone lit up and made an unfamiliar sound.  (Apparently, the ring tone for incoming text messages was different from the Caribbean jingle I had saved as my ringer, but I digress...)

I flipped open the phone and there they were.  The words that would come to define one of my most important relationships.  Maybe the words will continue to serve me well in this new venture...from my first text to my first personal blog post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment