Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Carrot Souffle, Anyone?

This Easter, my immediate family (with the exception of my sister who elected to stay in City N, since she had been a road warrior for the past 4 weekends) traveled 90 miles east to visit my grandfather, who is 93 years old. He lives in the same city as my aunt & uncle, my cousin, his wife and their two children.

Since we were traveling, the only thing we had to bring to the Easter brunch was the champagne. Not a problem!

We enjoyed a wonderful brunch, complete with carrot souffle. I had never had carrot souffle before, but let me tell you, it will not be the last time. It was delicious!

The chef was so kind to share her recipe with me. It's been her "signature dish" since she found the recipe in Southern Living back in 1998.


Carrot Souffle
Preparation time: 55 minutes
Yield 6 servings

Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds carrots, sliced
1/2 cup butter or margarine
3 large eggs
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon


Preparation
Cook carrots in boiling water & cover 20 to 25 minutes or until tender; drain.
Process carrot and remaining ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
Spoon into a lightly greased 1 1/2-quart souffle dish.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment