Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bow Watch 2009

So, since my last post about Mrs. O, there's been an update on the bow outfit worn by the First Lady. Apparently, Dave with http://www.bulldogmi.com/ and his wife, Kathleen were present in Prague for the bow show.

Here's an excerpt from their conversation, as it appears on Dave's blog:

Kathleen: “I loved the Vogue cover.”
Mrs. O: “Thank you so much.”
Kathleen (and woman over Dave's shoulder): “Love the bow too.”
Mr.s O: “It’s a big bow.”
Dave: “That’s funny. All the women down here said the same thing.”
Mrs. O: “If you’re going to do a bow, I think it should be a BIG bow.”
Dave: “I agree…I always do the same when I wear a bow.”
Mrs O: (Laugh)

My support of this outfit has strengthened. Like Charlize at the Oscars, go big or go home.

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious as to why you made no mention of the GINORMOUS bow on Aretha Franklin’s hat at the 2009 inauguration. Was that bow also chic or was it too much? I know it was a big bow but is every big bow a good big bow?

    Personally, I didn’t like the hat (or the bow with a little bit of hat thrown in for good measure--however you choose to look at it). I don’t share you're affection for big bows but I will admit that both Mrs. O and Charlize were stylin' in their big bows. Aretha on the other hand?!? Perhaps some big bows should be left on the hat rack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the controversial inaugural Aretha hat...

    Honestly, it slipped my mind when posting Bow Watch 2009.

    But it was a bow; it was big; and it was in 2009. So noted. :)

    ReplyDelete