Wednesday, April 22, 2009

FOLO: Not All Compliments Are Equal

I can't make this stuff up!!! This is an excerpt from a conversation that I just had with one certain person (CP) at the office today:

CP: "Wow. What a great outfit! That pop of color with the black and grey and white! It looks awesome!"

{I reply through gritted teeth:}
SDP: "Thaaaaaaanks."

CP: "That's what I need to do. What is that a cardigan? Look at my outfit. Boooooooring. You're my fashion idol girl."

{Filled with guilt, I respond.}
SDP: "Awwwwww...thaaaaaaaanks."

I'm horrible. She idolizes me? Really?

I'm still having a tough time accepting the compliments from CP, but my compassion for CP is kicking in. Maybe I need to take her on as a little pet project...she'll star in our own version of What Not To Wear. Stacy? Clinton? Help!

Oh, and if you're wondering what outfit ellicted such a response: I paired a black cashemere shell from Banana with the python print pencil skirt, as seen in Vogue {March issue}. My shoes are black patent peeptoe wedges from Alfani. And that pop of color CP so craves? A pepto bismol pink cardigan. Oh and I can't forget the opera length potato pearls, doubled-up of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment