Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Love Language: Shopping

No? You've not heard of such love language?

Maybe you're more familiar with the "traditional" ones, as outlined in Gary Chapman's book. They are acts of kindness, words of affection, gifts, quality time and physical touch (all together on that last one...let's give those eyebrows a double raise), but what about shopping? What was Gary thinking by omitting my love language?

I guess shopping could fall under gifts because at the end of a successful shopping trip for Mr. SDP there is usually a presentation of gifts. I can make the case, however, that shopping is also an act of kindness. If done together, shopping could be categorized under the quality time tab.

Regardless, I love Mr. SDP so I went shopping. The fruits of my love language labor? A "make your own" polo shirt from Rugby.com, which is a division of Ralph Lauren. I went for the smaller skull and cross bones plus initials in a spirit green on a black polo.
{Maybe now I can get him to retire the black Lacoste that he so lovingly refers to as his "summer staple."}

No comments:

Post a Comment